Artifex is a small practice which offers a dedicated personal service where close, creative working relationships with clients are formed. We specialize in innovative, individual design within the historic environment and our projects range from residential extensions to listed buildings to barn conversions and new build flats within conservation areas.
Whatever your requirement, we will work with you to achieve your brief both financially and aesthetically.
Artifex focuses on all aspects of historic building conservation, from the investigation and research into a building’s archaeology and historic development to its sensitive renovation, alteration and extension. We have a love of the contemporary as well as the historic and have the skill to create spaces with innovation to meet all criteria.
Fiona’s unique experience as a conservation officer and also as a conservation architect gives her an unparalleled perspective on the planning process which allows her to have informed opinions about what might achieve approval. Site constraints or lengthy planning history become positives, not negatives which add to and inform the brief. With this approach and the ability to negotiate well with all parties, she has achieved 100% success rate in obtaining listed building and planning approval.
Our services include;
- Site appraisals
- Feasibility services
- Planning and listed building applications, clearance of conditions
- Planning appeal applications
- Building surveys and inspection reports
- Planning history searches
- Historic building research and analysis
- Heritage, character, significance, impact and justification statements
- Specialist conservation advice
- Conversion, alteration, extension and maintenance projects
- New Buildings
- Negotiation and regularization of unauthorized work matters
- Negotiation with mortgage surveyors
- Negotiation of enforcement matters
- Local Authority work, including Urgent Works, Repairs and 215 Notices
- Buildings at Risk reports and surveys
- Buildings Preservation Trust work
- Quinquennial Inspections
- Conservation area appraisals
Please call us on 01480450277 or 07421050697 or email email@example.com