Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)

EPCDo you need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for a property you are selling or letting?

You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent. For more info on the legal requirements - click here

If you haven’t seen one before, wonder what they look like and what you are having to pay for then click here to download one for a house in Godmanchester.

Don’t confuse an EPC with the Home Information Pack (which included an EPC) that was introduced then scrapped, this assessment is still required and some estate & letting agents will charge you over £100 for one.

Phillip MalleyTo get an EPC for houses & flats throughout Cambridgeshire whether you are selling or letting call our Domestic Energy Assessor – Phillip Malley who is based in Godmanchester on 01480 434290 or 07802 346121.


What happens during an energy assessment?

Phillip will visit the property and inspect, take note and photo the things that effect the energy efficiency of your home like the heating system, boiler, controls, thermostats, radiators, windows, doors, insulation (loft & cavity wall), wall thickness, the square footage of each floor and any extension or conservatory and even your light bulbs.

After the assessment which may only take 20 minutes Phillip will enter all of the data into a program which will generate the EPC and the recommendations, if any, on how the efficiency of the property could be improved. A copy of the EPC will be uploaded to the national database at for you and your estate/letting agent to access.



Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.